We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
Links to other websites
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, HR:4UK (we or us) is the 'data controller' (i.e. the entity who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, job title, contact information including your email address and telephone number, company information such as post code and number of employees; and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers) when you do business with us or contact us via our website.
We will obtain anonymous information from visitors to our website using analytics tools, cookies and web logs.
We may also obtain personal information from you when you sign up to an event or a bulletin or purchase any of our services.
We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of providing legal services to you.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as interest-based advertising or third party audience data), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide services to you.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes that we identified to you at the time your data was obtained. These purposes may include:
- internal record keeping to help us identify you;
- to improve our products and services;
- ensuring our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide our website and our on-line services to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you can request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- use your data or permit third parties selected by us to use your data, to provide you with information about other services which we consider may be of interest to you, and we or they may contract you about these by post, telephone or email; and
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you.
Marketing and opting out
We may also contact you by email or post about other services that we provide that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers who provide web hosting services
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and users will be one of the transferred assets
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have taken steps to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure by putting in place suitable, physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
As part of our services to you we may need to transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this Policy. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training and compliance.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to HR4UK.com Limited; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right please put your request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable).
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Florence House, St Mary's Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1EQ or call us on 01455 444222.